Stop being broke and turn your life around

Join our friendly community and find out how you can save money, invest better or run a successful business.
Registration is free and takes 1 minute.

Create account

Do you tip when you eat out? How much?

Yes, usually 10% of the bill. If I bought a meal for 10 pounds, for example cheese burger and chips, I would leave a tip for 1 pound. I would only do this if the waiter or waitress provided me with good service.

Ramona

Administrator
Staff member
We don't eat out too often, but, when we do, we usually tip about 5-10%. If the service was extraordinary, then we'd tip a little more.

Ash

We don't eat out too often, but, when we do, we usually tip about 5-10%. If the service was extraordinary, then we'd tip a little more.
Same as us really. We tend to prefer either getting a takeout from our favourite places nearby or just cooking food ourselves. We tend to go and eat out maybe once every 2 months. We tend to always tip because we just haven't come across any bad waiters or staff yet. I'm not sure what the exact amount is though because it tends to be my dad that tips the staff. Whenever I go out with friends, its most places like McDonalds or Nandos so you don't have to tip the staff at places like that.

Isn't it standard to tip 15% or something in the US? In the UK it isn't such a big deal, but I usually try to leave something - usually to the nearest £10, but only when I have enough money.

Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Isn't it standard to tip 15% or something in the US? In the UK it isn't such a big deal, but I usually try to leave something - usually to the nearest £10, but only when I have enough money.
Comes down to how good they are, from the back and the front end. Sill £10 is allot of money for an tip that I seen. I mostly give under £5 or just odd cash that I have on me