Stop being broke and turn your life around

Join our friendly community and find out how you can save money, invest better or run a successful business.
Registration is free and takes 1 minute.

Create account

How Do You Stay Motivated to Save?

Is it difficult for you to find the motivation to save money? Does it come naturally? How do you keep your motivation when it comes to saving money?

It comes naturally to me. I look at my bank figures, and I create a savings goal of 100 pounds every month from my online work. Every penny soon adds up!

Website
www.baysidegamers.com
Not very easy. I get paid ever two weeks and I have to take out so much a month for bills and everyday food that I have to eat. And then what's left goes into my bank. But as an owner of an website and things that I do online! tends to be hard.

I have to save most of it when the site needs to be renewed or other renew fees

Ramona

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, websites can turn costly on the long run, but they can also be monetized, slowly, and cover for their expenses.

BTW, please feel free to link to your website in your siggy, if you think it would help you even more ;)

Ash

I think that the best thing to do to stay motivated to save is to figure out what you are saving for. For example, thinking about and looking at the thing that you want to save money for can motivate you because you end up really wanting it. It works for me quite well, I remember looking at shopping sites and reading reviews of the PlayStation 4 when it came out. Because of that, I really wanted one so I started saving up money for it and was really motivated for it because I wanted it badly.

jbailey

Website
www.yeshomebuyers.com
It's too easy to spend money, and it mostly comes down to lifestyle choices which you take. The size of your house, your method of transport, how many cups of coffee you drink out in the week and everything else. I found looking at my bank statements and seeing money ins, rather than money outs helped a lot, and made me understand where I was going wrong :)

jbailey

Website
www.yeshomebuyers.com
even it might take years! How can anything keep you motivate if you only able to save $80 a month. SO how long did it taken you to get the PS$?
I think I'd lose any sight of buying that PS4 after a week or two of not being able to afford it. But that's probably not a bad thing.
Look at compound interest, and you might be convinced otherwise but it's surely a long wait :unsure:

Website
www.baysidegamers.com
I think I'd lose any sight of buying that PS4 after a week or two of not being able to afford it. But that's probably not a bad thing.
Look at compound interest, and you might be convinced otherwise but it's surely a long wait :unsure:
I have an good amount of items on my wish list, just so hard and tried of waiting. It's like buying an GPU some years ago when it first came out and now you just seeing new GPUs out and you can't afford it.

But one day my luck will start turning to bad to better, unless it gets worse.