Stop being broke and turn your life around

Join our friendly community and find out how you can save money, invest better or run a successful business.
Registration is free and takes 1 minute.

Create account

Sick this year?

Were you sick last year, what type of sickness was it, flue, bug, virus? How long did it last and what were your symptoms? Had a bad cough in 2017 - Christmas time, lasted for roughly 2 weeks generally speaking, it was on the chest but I recovered with cough sweets.

Website
www.baysidegamers.com
I just had an flue last year that lasted for two weeks and so it wasn't that bad. But what I had rather then being sick was surgery this year, and that put me out for 4 weeks, It has taken almost 74 hours to recover from the stuff that I had taken and also 3 weeks having to wear funny looking white stuff on my body. It's not being sick but more of an painfull thing

Ramona

Administrator
Staff member
Well, daughter is in kindergarten and 'collects' everything she can (from cold, flu to pneumonia last year). As you can guess I'm 'taking' them as well (fortunately only the flu and cold bouts), so it's been delightful in the past half year :D

Claudia

Hope you are going better now.

No sickness in our family for 7-8 years. We changed the life style, and the results are amazing. (we are 2 adults and a child).

Ramona

Administrator
Staff member
Tell me more about the lifestyle changes, I'd like to hear :)

We're still getting sick and it's driving me nuts

Just wanted to post an update on this topic. A couple of days ago I felt really unwell, I'll list my symptoms in this forum post. Nausea, my heart rate was racing, temperature, pain in both arms, loss of voice and coughing (chesty) and a couple more. I rung up 111 yesterday, non-emergency number and told them how I was feeling and they advised me to go down to A&E with someone. One of my parents drove me down, and I was put into life-threatening illnesses part of Accidental and Emergency and they put me on a Drip, monitored my heart rate which went up to 150 and they let me go after a couple hours after confirming it was a viral infection. Today I've completely lost my voice but I hope to feel better soon.

Ramona

Administrator
Staff member
Oh my god, I think you got really scared. I used to get some nasty colds in the past, but not as nasty as this one. I hope you're recovering well from this. Phew, that was scary :eek: